Monday, April 13, 2009

Why We Did What We Did

Along with Easter, come thoughts of sorrow from the death of a loved one (Jordan), and the future joy to come from his resurrection. The gap between these two events still leaves us plenty of time for tears. They kept springing to my eyes, unbidden and unwanted, as I thought of Easter and all its significance. So, I had to find an antidote to keep the tears at bay.

They're 18, 21, and 24, but if the Easter eggs contain cold, hard cash, they'll huntfor them as eagerly as 10-year-olds.

Of course they have to be well fortified for the quest with nourishing victuals beforehand. I polled several excellent homemakers I know for their menus, and then came up with my own take on the findings.

Jenny served: Spiral sliced ham, Rice, Green Bbeans, Deviled eggs, Homemade rolls,Julie's Sweet potato casserole, Strawberry trifle, and Lemonade pie.

Jamie served: Chicken cordon-bleu, Mashed potatoes, Deviled eggs, Green bean casserole, Green salad, Homemade rolls, Strawberry trifle, Oreo cookie pie, andJulie’s punch.

Julie served: Grilled porkchops, Broccoli, Potato boats,Carrots, Coleslaw, Deviled eggs, Orange rolls, and Trifle.

All of this sounded so good! But when I found out that Ricki always serves a middleEastern/Israeli-based meal, which I have posted below, I decided to simplify quite a bit and go with that theme this year.So Brianna and I served up Sweet and tangy tilapia, Mediterranean lentil salad, Olives, Grapes, Dates, and Honey almond cake.

3 comments:

Julie said...

the lentils and almond cake look delish !!!! did you send those recipes???? Glad you had a wonderful Easter.

jacksonx03 said...

Hmmm.... I love Middle Eastern food. How was it? You neglected to mention how it tasted. I noticed you were the only one who didn't serve trifle or deviled eggs. How funny those 3 sisters served those 2 same things!

Bonnie said...

Hi Juju and Amy. The food, especially the salad and the cake, was very, very good. The fish marinade needs a little tweaking, but I will make the salad again, fo' sho!