Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Little Horse in the Temple

And a lot of coughing. That describes me perfectly this week. Moan, groan, moan, moan groan. My ribs are sore from so much deep coughing. I hope I'm on the mend! I've noticed though that colds usually hang on a long time for me.

Shane got his wisdom teeth out on Thursday, and he's doing great with recovery. He asked the dentist to keep the teeth intact for him, and shortly, he'll be sporting his very own wisdom tooth necklace.

Because one of our sons was having a day of decision, I felt a strong need to be in the temple yesterday.. My friend Karen and I spent about an hour there in a smaller area in an effort to disturb fewer patrons with my cacophony of coughing, but still able to receive that feeling of closeness to heaven found in few places on earth. Names were placed on the prayer roll, meaning that men and women of faith will be praying often over them during the next two weeks. You don't have to write down any details, just that dear name, and countless prayers join together ascending to our Father in heaven in their behalf. I call that a blessing for sure.

0 comments: