Monday, April 6, 2009

The Blind Gardener Strikes Again


It's April! The best general conference ever is over, Easter's on its way, and I'm totally inspired! I'll do a top ten faves from confeerence next, but right now I'm resting up from a morning of destruction. Back in January I listed a few New Year's resolutions, and I just completed this one:

7. I'm going to tear out some plants and make room for ones I like more! Heh heh heh. Rip out first, and ask forgiveness later!

I took the pruners to two serviceberry bushes, showing them no mercy. A few cups of berries isn't much of a sacrifice for pounds and pounds of juicy homegrown tomatoes, is it?

A friend of Brianna's gave her some Chinese seeds, and we'll be experimenting with those, too. What a joyful time of year this is. The winter's past, we're discussing pros and cons of various plants, and I can spend time in the sunshine being serenaded by the birds once again.

3 comments:

Julie said...

You look viscous with those pruners and have reeked with destruction on that bush----way to go girl !!!!!

Cindy said...

I have got the gardening bug too. Although it looks like our house is sold so I will have to wait to plant a garden. Maybe we will get moved into our new home in time to plant a few tomatoes and a zuccini. Good luck with your garden!!!

Bonnie said...

Thanks, y'all. Brianna and I walked to a nearby nursery and bought a few colder weather plants - broccoli, peas, cabbage, lettuce, onions, strawberries. Fun fun!!!