Thursday, January 15, 2009

And It Came to Pass

Yesterday afternoon. We had our share of snafoos to work through, but, wheeeeeee, our debut has come and gone and it was a sweeeeeet success! Really, does anything ever happen completely snafoolessly anyway? Not for me it doesn't. And that's ok by me, as long as it turns out in the end. The residents of the nursing home were so friendly and appreciative. Generous with their applause, they asked us to come back soon. And I overheard Colin say that we would! Yay, that's what I was hoping for.



After we finished our songs, four for each of us, Colin spontaneously did something that really touched my heart. He walked through the room, with me holding his arm, greeting each person individually, and thanked them for coming to listen to us. I loved seeing my son put his concern for others above his own comfort level. He's naturally a little reticent, so to get to observe his kind interactions was heart-warming for his mama, who typically does not get to observe much at all. Truth is, this was just as much a service for me as it was for the sometimes overlooked folks in the nursing home. Kudos to Colin for making it possible for me. And big hugs to Dan, for the great gift of a karaoke player.








5 comments:

Elaine said...

Sounds wonderful! Surely it sounded wonderful too. I always have enjoyed hearing you sing. Kudos to Colin for his kindness after the singing. You have such wonderful kids, but that's no surprise knowing their mother, and their father. You're awesome!

Bonnie said...

Thank you, dear TandE. But we only have 7 great sons. You have 8, plus a daughter! ;)

Shanna said...

So when do you make a CD?! My kids kept asking me to play both of your songs over and over the other day. They loved it! I am not surprised that they did, because you both sounded great!

Unknown said...

That was great! We are interested in that CD when you cut one. I am glad you two worked together on such a kind thing and that it was a success. Doing fun and service with those we love is the best!
Keep singing!
Love! Becky and Ray

Bonnie said...

Woo, we've got fans! Right? Right? :) Well, we can't let our public down. The CD should be finished in, say, about six months. Count on it, our people will call your people!