Monday, November 9, 2009

Tea and Crumpets

Believe it or not, I am actually sitting here at the computer (alas, not in the drawing room), with a cup of tea (licorice spice tea) and a plate of crumpets. Will wonders ever cease? I hope not! I've been delving into the bygone days when fairies roamed the land freely, and somehow, it awakened a desire to try tea and crumpets for myself. The crumpets are a bit of a disappointment, not nearly as tasty as I imagined, but then, perhaps my technique left something to be desired. The recipe made a yeasty, pancakey type batter, and the finished product is a chubby little pancake sort of thing, not terribly impressive but greatly improved by a generous application of butter and strawberry jam. Hmm, I just took another sip and another bite, and I think they're growing on me (or maybe I'm the one doing all the growing)! Scandalous though it may be, I may just try a whole wheat version of crumpets. After all, I'm planning to serve them to Greg and the children when they come visiting next month, and I'm aiming for healthy as well as delicious fare. Drat it all! I just put the teabag on my plate, and accidentally picked it up and popped it into my mouth, thinking it was a crumpet. Yucko, blindness can be hard on the tastebuds!

Ahem, as I was saying, when Greg arrives, I'll have a little fairylland awaiting them. Shane's room is going to become a forest/fairy themed space where fairy houses are constructed, fairy tales are told, and the wee folk are made to feel at home. Shane's not exactly delighted, but that's ok, the fairies are kind. When he's back home, they'll gladly relocate. In the meantime, magic is in the works.

4 comments:

Julie said...

You are the fairy queen !!!!!! Enjoy those crumpets, I am sure some whipping cream will help them and maybe even cream cheese with strawberries, but no more tea bags---I agree yuck and double yuck !!!!!!

Shanna said...

Oh that sounds very magical and very fun! Your little grandkids will love it; and the tea and crumpets sound...very proper(said with the accent of course)!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bonnie said...

Sorry to have to delete comments, but scammers are afoot.