Sunday, October 25, 2009

In the Temple








Dan and I received our endowments in the Salt Lake temple; Ethan, Kimball, and Greg in the Seattle temple; Neil, Jordan, Colin, and Shane all received theirs in the Boise temple. Shane may have felt a bit of apprehension yesterday, but for me, it was a time of pure joy. Thank you to our friends who were able to be with us. I am imagining how wonderful it would be to gather our whole family in a temple somewhere someday. I won't stop hoping, it can happen if everyone shares that joyful vision.

"As the pioneers had the larger vision in their daily challenge for survival, so also we need to have a greater vision and understanding of our eternal destiny. Our challenges are more subtle but equally hard. Maintaining our spiritual strength is also a daily challenge. The greatest source of that spiritual strength comes, as it did in their time, from our temples."

"I urge all who have not yet received these greatest of all blessings within the walls of the temple to do whatever may be necessary to qualify to receive them. To those who have received these blessings, I invite you to prepare yourselves to savor again the experience of being within the sacred premises of the holy temples of God and have the visions of life eternal open again to your hearts, minds, and souls."

(James E. Faust, in"Eternity Lies before Us," Ensign, May 1997, 20)

3 comments:

Louise said...

Amen Bonnie, and congratulations to Shane!

Bonnie said...

Thank you, dear Louise.

Anonymous said...

Shane, you look handsome in your new suit. You are going to be a fine missionary in the big apple. The spanish people love it when fair skinned americans speak spanish. I remember my first day in NY. I went to a teaching appointment with with a Porta Rican woman and I didn't understand even one word she said. But dont worry, you will catch on fast.