Saturday, October 3, 2009

Blog Scare

I know this is the month of spooky Halloween, but is google celebating early, or was it the prank of a malevolent hacker? When I came to my blog this morning, my blog was not here! My heart dropped. Fourteen months of pictures and thoughts, over 100 posts' worth, were, poof, just gone. I checked my email, and found that a friend had eamiled about 10 hours earlier to tell me of its disappearance. Then, suddenly, before I could take any action at all, it was back. Very good, but very weird. Well, hope remains that any of our grandchildren who may ever be interested will still be able to read the thoughts of Grandma Bonnie, and perhaps come to know me as a person, not just a name in a rarely read book. Hi, grandkids!

This is general conference morning. I always look forward to these two weekends of the year and make every effort to listen to all the sessions. Instead of taking notes as usual, I'm going to just write down what I'm prompted to do or to change, as the brethren speak. I guess I never give up hope that this imperfect Bonnie will improve herself with the ever-patient assistance of our kind and loving Lord. What is it the scripture says? - Keep kickin till the end? Come heck or high water (and I've seen plenty of both), I plan on doing just that.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Glad you came back and I too love Conferance week-end !!!!

Louise said...

Phew, glad you're back! Brenda had her first year of blogging made into a journal, might be something to think about. Losing all this would be awful!

Bonnie said...

Hi Julie and Louise. Louise, how did Brenda do that. I've heard vague references to it being a possibility, but what does one actually do? Copy and print it all, or what?

Louise said...

I know she sent it somewhere and had it done, wasn't too expensive I don't think. I'll ask her and forward all the details to you. It's really a fun book to have.

Bonnie said...

Thank you, Louise, I'd love to have that information.