Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Countdown

Will it be tomorrow? Or the next day? Most likely it will be but two more days. Then Shane will have that all-important letter in hand, letting him know where he'll be spending the next two years of his life, in service to God and His children, away from home. At the moment, he and Colin are out doing a little coupon toy shopping for me. I'm chuckling at the thought of their first attempt at navigating the aisles of Toys R Us looking for the hot Disney Princess deals of the day, a task he'll surely be spared as a missionary.

In my other countdown, last week's total weight loss was three pounds. . That mmakes seven in four weeks. Onward and downward is my cry! I think I'm going to be able to wear some of the winter clothes that I haven't worn for a couple of years. Now that's frugality for ya.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hope the boys were successful in their hunting expediiton, Toys R'Us is huge and crazy, I try and avoid that store !!!! We ae so excited waiting with y'al, for tht all important letter ---Wa HOO!!!!

Bonnie said...

Well, I guess it was successful. They found that the Toys R Us price was too high, and went elsewhere for a much better deal. They came home with the goods and a little extra money too. ;)

Brenda said...

Hello Miss Bonnie! My mom (the lovely Louise) told me that you were interested in making your blog into a book. The website I used was www.blurb.com you download their software and then create the look of your book on your own computer. They have pre-made pages that make it really easy. I love my book and I'm almost ready to order my second book. I do once a year, it relieves my guilt from not scrapbooking or keeping a very consistant journal. It was great to read up on your family! Happy blogging!

Bonnie said...

Woohoo, thank you, Brenda, and thanks to Louise for being the messenger! Brenda, I read your blog quite awhile back, and it was adorable! I'm going to have to check out the 2009 edition. Thanks again for letting me know about blurb.