Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Precocious Pumpkin

Jack was picked on August 18th, 2008. Two months premature, but perfectly healthy, he weighed in at 21 pounds. Jack is a very special pumpkin.

We hand picked him, and pedaled him straight home.

Praise be, Jack has arrived!


Say cheese, Jackie boy. Isn't he cute?


Story time with big brother shane.

We interrupt this story for a short nap.

Shane and Jack have some bonding time watching the Olympics.

Unbelievable! Jack is such a big boy!

peekaboo. I see you.

No sibling rivalry here, Shane and Jack play very well together.

Could somebody be hungry??

It looks like Jack is bushed. Bedtime.

Rub-a-dub-dub. First time in the tub.

Be still now. We're almost done.

No more tangles.

Brush up, brush down,
Brush thoes teeth round and round.

"Now I lay me down to sleep..."

Ya-hoo! We like to call it fun.

Ooh, all tuckered out.

Sweet Dreams, baby Jack.

11 comments:

Cindy said...

Alright... You have way too much time on your hands. Have you thought about taking up a hobby? Maybe pottery? Just kidding! Looks like a fun afternoon! Tell Jack good night for me!

Julie said...

I think I have a crush on Jack, he so well rounded !!!!! Sweet Dreams Handsome!!!

These Are The Days said...

Precocious means to advance or develope early, especially in maturity. I will agree with you that Jack is precocious. I am sure that the rest of you, however, are not. Now that I have written my snooty comment, the truth is I had a good chuckle, I love to see the humor coming back to your house. Love, Kimabll

Bonnie said...

Good idea, Cindy! Pottery's coming next.
Julie, I'm so glad you and Jack hit it off so well. I think he'll be especially handsome in a nice flaky piecrust!
Aw, Kimball, so profound. It is so good, though, to feel that playful Washburn spirit returning. And to hear Brianna laugh again is worth more than tongue can tell.

Bonnie said...

Testing, testing, 1, 2 3. I've heard some have been unable to post comments here, so Brianna and I are experimenting on how to make it work better. If my comment posts successfully, then please give yours another try. We absolutely love hearing from you!

jacksonx03 said...

Who would have thought a pumpkin could have brought so much joy and amusement! Are there going to be regular updates about Jack?

Amy J.

Bonnie said...

Amy, we do have plans for Jack, but I can't ffully divulge them as yet. Classified, you know. With your background, I know you understand.

Washington Washburns said...

I agree with Cindy, way too much time on your hands. Who would of thought that a pumpkin could be so funny. I think that he looks more like Dan but with your eyes.

Anonymous said...

How incrediably silly. I love it! Who said we have to grow up? I personally plan on being silly for another 50ish years. Nothing like a good laugh to make us all realize that we are all alike no matter our background.
Liz

Alan and Linda said...

Way too much fun! He is cute! I think Jack might need a friend of his own......um.....species? Loved this post! so great!

Bonnie said...

Thanks, E & M, exactly what every parent longs to hear! Liz, was it Jack's story, or your visit in June that convinced you we're all similarly silly? Bon Appetit, don't rush him, Jack hasn't even been out of the pumpkin patch for a whole week yet! Although, he is precocious if he's anything. Checking the For the Strength of Pumpkins guidelines right away!