Friday, February 26, 2010

Does Competition Belong in Primary?

It's definitely something to think about, seriously. It often makes me feel uneasy when the children get so loud and excited in the games and contests they play during song practice and sharing time. But it wasn't until I read this from Sofia's site that I finaly accepted, once and for all, that it's the competition that is causing the problem.
"Personal opinion: I never (yes…never) had competitions in Primary. I never did teams or boys vs. girls. I always had the primary work as a family of friends, getting as many points as we could all together. The world has too many divisions. I’m for being unified and working together. But to each his own, just food for thought."

Interesting, huh. She's got me thinking. I've never felt the Spirit when the noise level is off the charts.. But I usually do when peace and quiet reign. Those are my favorite Primary moments.
http://sofiasprimaryideas.blogspot.com/

0 comments: