Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Your Future's as Bright As Your Faith

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a prediction. Shane will receive his mission call on Oct. 7th. There, we'll know if I'm a credible prognosticator in only three weeks. If I were the one doing the calling, where would I send him? I don't know. For Colin, I had a strong desire that he stay within the U.S., and he did. For Shane, I must be trusting the Lord more an leaning on my own understanding less, because no preferences have surfaced. Actually, it may be because I know that anywhere he goes will be too far away for me. I'd rather him go than stay home though, so I won't be trying to wrestle control over any of it from the Lord. Not that that's possible, but that doesn't keep us from trying sometimes, does it.

My new eating plan is going great! I feel more energetic than I have in a very long time. I think I lost 2 pounds in the first week, but my scale played a trick on me yesterday ()our weighing day). The day before that and today, it said I'd lost 2 pounds, but the day of, it registered only a 1 pound loss. That's ok, I'll have that scale eating out of my hand in no time. I'm eating lots of vegetables and whole grains, and a modicum of meat and fruit. I love grinding my own wheat, and then turning around and baking up a batch of fragrant, delicious, 100% whole wheat bread. The fam is loving it too. I like knowing that they're getting more fiber and nutrients than they had been getting in our former storebought brand.

Now about sugar. I spent some time this morning reading up on lots of sugar replacements - mainly stevia and agave, but also the artificial sweeteners. The latter is out. If I want to use something other than honey and sugar, I'm leaning toward stevia and grade B maple syrup. But, right now, I think I'll just limit all sweets of any kind and not worry about starting anything new. I'll keep studying up on nutrition as I go along, and make changes when I'm convinced it'd be worthwhile. I really really like how I'm feeling now though - like I'm on the right trrack. Just stay away from me, swine flu, pneumonia, and too many leukemic cells, and I'll be fine! Both my faith and my future are bright bright bright! And I pray so hard that yours are too.

8 comments:

Cindy said...

Just wanted to say that I think you are wonderful!

Bonnie said...

Cindy, well, I know you're wonderful! Hey, I visited your blog today and tried to leave a comment, but my computer's gone rogue on me and I couldn't. I can't even send emails! I can receive them, just not send 'em. I'll try to get Dan to take a look at it for me.

jacksonx03 said...

What have you learned about stevia and the syrup? Sounds interesting.

Becky Noftle said...

Good for you Bonnie, since Jackson's health troubles started up again I have regained the 22lbs lost this summer plus 7 more....sigh.

Bonnie said...

Oh Becky, I didn't know about this. I'll hurry over to your blog right away so I can be part of the get-Jackson-well team! When a child is ill is no time to worry about weight though, I do know that much. Hugs, B.

Amy, here's an article that influenced my thinking on the sugar issue. But I'm still reading.

http://www.wholeliving.com/article/healthy-sugar-substitutes

Liz said...

I am glad you are loving your wheat grinder. They sure are fun. Sounds like you are getting a wealth of info to share on nutrition.

Kirt said...

I'll say October 7, too, but I know I'm a good procrastinator! I don't think you put things off. . . Smile

Bonnie said...

Pshaw, Kirt, you're losing it, buddy. frown :)