Friday, September 18, 2009

My Glowing Fire



Meet our new fire pit, Dan's birthday gift from me, his fire-crazed wife. I just love it! I think he likes it too, just not as much as I do. Now we need to find a steady source of smallish sized firewood, because this little goodie is going to get a lot of use. I'd forgotten how great a simple hot dog can taste cooked over an open fire. So good that nutrition concerns are completely, albeit temporarily, set aside. We grilled vegetables too, and finished off with, what else, smores. Oh, and I made the hot dog buns, and they were whole wheat, so we didn't do too badly after all.

6 comments:

Louise said...

I wish you/Dan many happy hours and a plethera of yummy food from that awesome looking fire pit! I lost your blog for awhile (computer crash AGAIN) but found it when you commented on Becky's blog. Still loving your insight on life! Thanks for your energetic sweet spirit!

Anonymous said...

Wow !!!! It looks fun is going to be had by ALL!!!!! Maybe even hot chocalate and hot dogs will become the regular for Friday nights this fall !!!!! JB

Becky Noftle said...

Funsies!! Thanks for the comments, he will be doing his Chemo in Seattle. I think I was rebelling a little in my head you know, "how the heck am I going to leave my other kids four days a month?" those worries, but of course all the help and more has come and I feel quite peaceful about the road ahead.

Bonnie said...

Thanks, y'all. I hope you know you're all invited over for a hot dog any time you wanna come.

Becky, now if anything comes up bewteen those Seattle trips, like a fever or something, and hospitalization is necessary, then maybe Moses Lake will work out. But for the chemo, yeah, I think Seattle's the way to go!

Anonymous said...

The fire pit looks great. Wish I had one but it is to hot to sit outside around a fire. Eat an extra 'dog' for me.

Jamie

Bonnie said...

What! No way, girl, you can eat your own dang dog! ;)