Monday, May 18, 2009

Lucky Dog

What award do you think Shane brought home today from the annual Borah High Lucky Dog Awards Assembly? MOST ORIGINAL. If Royal High had given out such an award, I know Jordan would have been the handsdown winner of it. I suspect that Neil was too shy to have won it, and Ethan too insecure at that time, but Kimball and Greg would have certainly been in the running for it.. Colin? I don't know where we went wrong with him - he just gets along too well most everywhere, no need to carve out his own unique niches. Not that Dan and I really know what this fine dog-boned-shaped Most Original trophy truly signifies, but naturally we accept it as a well-deserved compliment to our son, and to the family as a whole. On behalf of the entire tribe of Dan, thank you to the 2009 senior class of Borah High School!

In other news, Dan was diagnosed with acute pneumonia this weekend. Both he and I have been raising quite a rucus with all our coughing for the last few weeks. I'm 90% improved, and after a couple more days on Avelox, surely Dan will be too. I prayed as I sat on the stand in sacrament meeting that I wouldn't have a coughing spell during my talk. Bad idea, it made my throat begin that too familiar itchy-tickly sensation, so I focused my thoughts elsewhere, and I did ok. My assigned topic was being in the world but not of the world. I can only infer from this that the bishop thinks we're not of this world, that perhaps we belong on some other planet, or (dare I hope?) that he thinks we've wandered from a more exalted sphere. And that, I'm pretty certain, amounts to all of us joining Shane in fitting into the category of Most Original.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Congrats to shane! and I hope you and Uncle Dan are feeling better!

Louise said...

Way to go Shane! Enjoy the warm weather, that will chase the old cranky coughs away!