Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Early One Morning

Three years ago, very early in the morning, his spirit took flight.
I pray our love reaches you, sweet Jordan, wherever you are. Over the rainbow, swinging on a star, perched on a cloud, no matter where you are, I hope you feel it constantly with you. I can report that things are better than they have been here. You know many good things have happened over the last few months, and more are in the works. I just want you to know that physically present or not, you are always a part of what we do. Did you watch the balloons we released floating up, up, up to you near the end of March? Did you see the video tribute of your life that Missy put together? And your lilacs that we planted in the backyard, they're almost ready to blossom! We love having lots of reminders of you all around us!
I haven't slept tonight, just as I didn't sleep that night three years ago. When I went to bed, this particular song kept running through my mind, so I came down to find it on YouTube. Here it is, a song I learned when I was taking voice lessons, the year before you were born, I think. This is a more melancholy arrangement than the one I learned, and the pathos I hear in the instrumental accompaniment, more than in the lyrics, makes a fitting soundtrack for these quiet hours of remembering.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcCfAfDWAug
So good night now, my son. I'll see you some bright morning to come.

3 comments:

Louise said...

I think of you often Bonnie, and its so fun to check in on you and see how your growing family is doing. I can't believe its been 3 years since Jordan died, but at the same time, I can sense how much healing has occurred for you. You are truly an inspiration!

Catie said...

Bonnie, I really appreciate your comment on my blog. Cancer is a horrible thing, but families are forever. I'm so grateful to have the Gospel in my life.

Steve's blog is:
browns.blogsite.org

Thanks so much for your love and support, I will be praying for you too.

With love,
Catie Brown

Bonnie said...

Thank you, Louise. You've been so loyal throughout!
And to my new friend, Katie, I'm crying with you right now, even though we've never met, and I only learned about your brave and brilliant brother, Stephen, just yesterday, reading his obituary. I am so glad your family took that vacation together in January, a time to make more memories with Steve while he was healthy enough to enjoy it.
Keeping you and your family in my fervent prayers, right along with another dear young person, Nick Raitt, who's being taken by rhabdomyosarcoma.
With hope and love,
Bonnie