Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A New Day for Brianna


Happy, happy day! Brianna just became a lawful permanet resident of the United States of America! This morning's interview was brief, friendly, and best of all, successful! She now has many of the rights of a U.S. citizen. College is definitely in her future now, since she won't have to register as an international student, and pay exorbitantly high fees for doing so.

We owe a big thank you to our wonderful attorney, Kathy Railsback, to Jordan, forgetting the process started, to Dan, for seeing it through, and to all the kind people who wrote letters of recommendation. I also want to thank God. I feel so very blessed that this day has come and our worry about Brianna's status is over! She will not have to go back to China unless, or until, she chooses to.

Ironically, we celebrated the granting of her Green Card with lunch at the Pad Thai House. I bet someone is smiling down on us this day. Yes! Jordan, we did it!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations !!!!!! I am sure all of heaven is smiling with y'all!! I am so glad it is bringing peace and hope to so many hearts!!!

Shanna said...

That is wonderful news!Congratulations to all of you!Some peace at this Holiday season:)

~pollyanna said...

What a wonderful bit of happy news... Just the thing I needed... [winkyz]

jacksonx03 said...

That's good news! I have heard nightmare stories about working with immigration; so I am glad you got success!

Liz said...

Hooray!! Congrats!! (no I do not take after my mom and exclamation marks) I am so happy for you Brianna.

Melissa said...

yea!! for all of you. I echo Shanna-some peace this holiday season is always a blessing!

Cindy said...

That is great news! What a blessing!

Becky Noftle said...

Yippee!

Elaine said...

Just found your blog and I'm feeling some joy enter back into my heart after your loss. You are such a great example to me! Thank you! I love you! AND - CONGRATS! I am so glad that you are feeling some peace and finding some joy, and sharing it with us. Thanks so much!