Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day in the USA

Who will it be, McCain-Palin or Obama-Biden? In this household, we've voted and prayed for McCain to become our next president. The polls predict that's unlikely, however, but polls can be manipulated so they're not entirely trustworthy. Which brings up a good question, what, or who, is 100% trustworthy? Am I? Are you?

It's not that I ever set out to be dishonest (I don't personally know anyone who does). But we often form opinions and make decisions and judgments based on our limited knowledge and experience, upbringing, habits, environment and culture, and sometimes when we are certain we're right, we are actually flat out wrong. It's fairly easy to be misled, deceived. Where, then, is our safety?

I trust that it's right here:
1. 2 Ne. 4: 34
O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.

2. 2 Ne. 28: 31
Cursed is he that putteth his trust in man, or maketh flesh his arm, or shall hearken unto the precepts of men, save their precepts shall be given by the power of theHoly Ghost.

3. D&C 1: 19
The weak things of the world shall come forth and break down the mighty and strongones, that man should not counsel his fellow man, neither trust in the arm of flesh—

I hope the Holy Ghost's guidance has been sought and followed by the majority of my fellow Americans in the crucial issues that are before us in this ellection. What are the chances of that happening?

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Fingers crossed and feeling somewhat hopeful. I guess we will see what happens tonight!

Melissa said...

hi, this is Melissa (Phillips) Fehrenbacker I came across your blog, I hope you don't mind my leaving a comment. It has been so long since I have seen you. I hope all is well.

I voted today!! And yes I did vote for McCain. We have our fingers crossed at our house as well!!

Take care!

Louise said...

Its not looking good Bonnie, but I take hope in your remarks. I guess we just "carry on" with faith!

Bonnie said...

Uncross those fingers and cross your arms instead. It's time to pray for wisdom and unity for our nation!

Hi Melissa, I'll have to pay you another visit soon. It's great to see you!