Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I Love to Be in the Temple

Dan and I enjoyed a wonderful visit from Ethan and Missy and family last weekend.  Missy will show and tell you about our beautiful Boise temple tour.  But first I have to express my love and gratitude for their visit.  Brooklyn and Lilly amazed us by planning a fun party for us.  A few bags of balloons kept the girls and even Zaid entertained for hours.  Here’s the invitation Brooklyn wrote all on her own, and a couple of other party pics.

Now, it's your turn, Missy

 Hi All, I'm Missy, Bonnie's daughter-in-law, just going to tell you a little about our fun weekend trip to Boise.

 Entry Way
On Friday we went to Boise Temple Open House and OH MY HEAVENS it is SO PRETTY. I LOVED THE WOOD WORK, and the glass work was AMAZING, so pretty, LOVE IT!!! Bonnie got a sitter for our 3 year old son Zaid, so it was really nice to spend this time with the girls and explain to them what everything was and what the rooms were for. When I asked them what they liked about it Lilly said she LOVED that is was pretty and sparkly. Brooklyn liked the Baptismal Room and the stained glass in there (see picture below). A very sweet moment was when we were in the Celestial Room and Brooklyn got red faced and teary eyed, when I asked her if she was OK she told me, “Mamma, I feel the Holy Spirit in this room.” This little girl is so soft hearted, I LOVE it. I can’t wait till the Meridian ID Temple is built so we can come again and take the girls through another temple. We all had such a special experience; I’m so very happy we made the trip to take the girls to the open house of the Boise Temple.
 Baptismal Room
 Hall Way
 Sealing Room
 Endowment Room
Celestial Room
 Ethan with the girls outside the temple.

The girls wanted to have a party, which they hosted and planned, in the game room at Grandpa Dan and Grandma Bonnie's house. They were so cute, we had a drawing contest that Uncle Colin and Brooklyn won (sorry, I forgot to take pictures of our drawings), then games and treats. The girls LOVE coming to grandma and grandpa's house, I think because they get to do fun stuff like this more when we're there.
 Playing games
 
 More game playing. We're Washburns, we like to play games.
 
Uncle Colin had this AWESOME app that the kids thought was so fun. You take a picture and put a mustache on the person and then the face moves when you touch the screen. The kids thought it was the coolest thing since peanut-butter. 
On Sunday we went to Sacrament with Bonnie and then headed home to Washington. In all, we had a pretty awesome trip, thank you Dan and Bonnie for the fun time.

Below is the song I love to see the Temple, a primary song from our church. Bonnie asked if I would also add it to the blog. Hope you enjoyed my guest post and this wonderful song. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow !!!! that was very nice, I love those beautiful pictures and it was wonderful to have the family with you -- I agree great times at Grandma Bonnie's, thanks Missy for helping with the posting!!!!

Bonnie said...

I forgot to write that Missy also made white chocolate temples for my Primary class, and for the party, while she was here. I'm a pretty lucky mil.

Anonymous said...

yes you are !!!!! and pretty great too !!!!