Sunday, April 15, 2012

My New Retreat

I am such a lucky girl. Strike that. I am such a lucky 60-year-old blind, congenial woman. Ahem that's what every progress update from my doctor begins with. :D I recently got copies of my medical records from 2012, and we had a few chuckles as we read through his writings. But that's beside the point. The point is that I am the happy recipient of a generous budget allowance from Dan and the decorating/organizing talents and labors of my friend JoLyn. She's the brains behind all the changes, but she also knows how to rally the troops to get us all enlisted in various projects, and loving it. So Dan and Rick hung a couple of heavy mirrors, changed out drawer pulls, repaired a stubborn closet door, and other things, while I did a little scrubbing, mopping, carrying items here or there, and quite a lot of napping. But the instigator of everything was that little powerhouse, JoLyn. After many many hours of joyful effort, including some help from another friend, Karen, our room has been transformed into a very attractive, relaxing, peaceful retreat. Big thank yous to all the transformers! And thanks to Kylie for the photos.










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a lovely retreat for a lovely person inside and out !!!

Bonnie said...

And that was a lovely thing to say. Thank you. :D

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

JoLyn is definitely a power house! What a great friend you found in her. I am glad you have a beautiful and relaxing retreat to rest in. Great job everyone...now I'm just dying to know who all those relatives in the pics are. I think they all look like Greg. :)

Bonnie said...

Hey, Jessica! Those Greg-looking guys, or I guess I should say that Greg-looking guy, is my dad, James Alton Smith, JR. My sisters go crazy over Greg's eyes because they're like our dad's. :D
There's dad and his parents, and Mother and her parents; Mom and Dad together; Daddy with Becky, his first child; and Grandma Parks, (Mother's mother) with Becky on a tricycle. Oh yes, and the old guy with the possum and hunting dogs is my Mother's father, John Zachariah Jones. Grandma remarried after he died; we never knew him. Hope that helps a little. You must live!

Anonymous said...

Bonnie ask me to let you all know who was who if you are curious...pic #1 of course the lovely Bonnie B. #2 is a collage of Bonnie's family, in the center is a picture of her father James Alton Smith Jr. and if you number the pictures like a clock at noon is her mothers's parents , John Zachariah Jones and Zonie Chason Jones/Parks with her sister Becky as a toddler on the tricycle. at 3 pm is her father again, James, as a little boy in his little Black velvet suit. At 5pm are his parents James Alton Smith Sr. and Jenny Sims on their front porch at the house that was across the street from their country store, also a picture of James Jr. with Becky as a baby(you who know those first babies get lots of pictures taken) at 6pm is Bonnie's parents James A. Smith Jr. and Myrtice Ella "V" Jones and I am not sure if that is her as a baby or Becky again( sorry, I just can't tell from this pic.) , at 7pm , definitively Mother Myrtice as baby, 10 pm - Mother Myrtice again as a young Mom . Now on the picture 3, it is a peacock that Dan's parents( oops or maybe his sister) gave him years ago as his mother use to have peacocks in their yard. Next, picture # 4, is James and Myrtice as newlyweds and then about9- 10 years later of 6 of their 7 children, poor little Johnny wasn't there yet. Left to right, Jenny, Bonnie, baby Julie, Jamie , Becky and cute little Jimmy is standing behind his sisters. Also on the nightstand below you can see Daddy , James A. Smith Jr., a few years before he died. Picture #5 is a painting by Dan's sister Iris, I believe; of the old Washburn homestead. #6 close up the lovely new bedspread , #7 a close up of Daddy, James Smith Jr., on the nightstand. The final picture #8, is a close up picture # 4. Hope you enjoy getting to know ALL the family !!!