Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Glacier Bay Holiday

Dan and I, along with Jenny, Julie and Lonnie, and the rest of our group had a wonderful, wonderful time in Alaska last week. I'm waiting for help with pictures of our trip before I post much about it, but I don't have to wait to share this video of a calving glacier in Glacier Bay. It was shot a couple of weeks before our arrival,, but Julie told me it looks exactly like the ones we saw from our ship in the same place on June 10th. Depending on their size, the huge chunks of ice sound like either gunshots or thunder as they break away from the main glacier. Listening to the excitement of the crowd gathered on deck to witness the calving reminded me of a Fourth of July fireworks show. Only this time it was an awesome iceworks display.

Powered By: VideoBuzz

1 comments:

Becky Noftle said...

Sounds like it was fun! So glad you and Dan got a vacation!