Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Week's Worth

Friday: Annual PCP appointment. All good except white blood count. Apparently am out of remission. Darn. Just means closer monitoring for now. Normal range roughly 4.5 - 10.5 or so. My WBC was 16.2. Didn't need treatment before till it was around 60-70. All is calm, all is bright.
Saturday: Rain rain rain.
Sunday: Rick and JoLyn arrived. One of Shane's good friends, Stewart Wayment, soon to depart for his mission in Peru, unexpectedly arrived and was happily welcomed.
Monday: JoLyn's legendary organizing skills were put to good use in Brianna's vacated bedroom. Then Dan and Rick went exploring while JoLyn and I shopped up a whirlwind. Ready for the Alaskan cruise, with brand-new luggage even. JoLyn improved my recent haircut. Mammogram at four o'clock.
Tuesday: Funny call from Greg, describing many fun and hilarious activities with the kids meeting his talented girlfriend, Mae, for the first time. She's a singer-songwriter, guitar-playing, seamstress, cake decorating wonder!
Wednesday: Lovely sterling silver necklace Mother's Day gift arrives in the mail from The Vintage Pearl, hand-stamped with the names of my favorite seven sons. Also Neil's birthday.
Thursday: Lively book club tonight.

4 comments:

~pollyanna said...

...dearest friend, I miss you. Thank you so much for the sweet thoughts you left on my blog. Life is a challenge but not unbearably so. The hardest part truly is watching how confused my dear mother "in-love" is and how much dadW suffered just to breathe each single breath (severe COPD). the other part is that they must now be separated physically, after 57 years that is more than just emotionally painful.

It's interesting how service helps us love others so much more, teaches us to reach beyond our selves and our own wants/needs. For many years momW was my mother in-law, but my love for her grows exponentially with each new day due to our new relationship. I am grateful to have this gift of time with her to gain in love, and to witness hubby so tenderly serve his parents.

I thank you for your prayers, we need them. "Father" believes us to be equal to this task... We pray for the strength to prove Him right.

Louise said...

An Alaskan cruise? Hooray, have a great time!! Those WBC's can be a real party pooper sometimes. I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts your way!

Becky Noftle said...

Let's take some of you high numbers and add them to Jackson's low numbers and then you both can go happily on your way.

Bonnie said...

I'm afraid my pesky old whites would get too high for Jackson's low counts, Becky, or of course I'd go for it. :) I was thinking maybe I'll dump some of mine into Glacier Bay in Alaskka.